1. 6. 2013

Saving Grace

Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab
Conversation lesson: Saving Grace
Students: Megi00, Destiny Kroll (Europe, Asia)
Teacher: Kori Blasdale (UK)                                 
We were talking about everything. There were just two of us and Kori. Destiny always comes in new and very interesting outfits. I haven’t been able yet to discover all the shops in the Language Lab. If there is anything I am not familiar with and don’t know much about it I can say that;
I'm new to the second life thing – to the things that are associated with the second life
We also talked about films we like. I mentioned a film called Saving Grace. It’s an enjoyable British comedy about a lady who, after the death of her husband, finds out that everything she owns is heavily mortgaged ( she has huge debts on her house and all her possessions). She is an excellent gardener. Not knowing what to do, she decides to grow marihuana and sell it to repay her debts. It is a really funny film.
[23:22] KoriBlaisdale: Saving Grace - sounds like a good film to watch Destiny :)
However the phrase it’s a saving grace can be used in a different way as well.
Here is an example:
I always keep some money in my purse like 50 pounds. I never use it. But I had to use it this month it was my saving grace
Destiny talked about TV in China. She doesn’t watch it anymore – she turned her back on TV. We also talked about relationships. Some of them can be abusive (rude and offensive behaviour), either emotionally or physically. If the abused person gets out of such relationship soon we could say that they had a lucky escape.
Even though there were just three of us we had so much to talk about and we learned new phrases that can be useful. It was a very pleasant lesson.




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat