16. 4. 2013

A grammar game


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab

Grammar Lesson: A grammar game
Teacher: Izabel Kophee
Students: Leslie Coy, Hamit.Coy, Maria 1106, Thistle, Tereza Ashland, Abeer 044, Fatima, Amber (Europa, Asia, South America)

Although this lesson targeted grammar and one of the more difficult points of English grammar, it was fun and entertaining.
There were lots of us. The class was completely full. No wonder, Izzy is always in a good mood and it’s a pleasure to attend her classes. Our first task was to think of our favourite irregular verb and say all the three forms; the present, the past simple and the past participle that is used for present perfect and past perfect.
Here are some examples:
Present                                                                  Past Simple                                                            Past participle
swim                                                                      swam                                                                                    swum
read                                                                        read                                                                                        read
put                                                                          put                                                                                          put                                                                         
have                                                                       had                                                                                        had
become                                                                 became                                                                                  become

You can find more of these on the website below.....
And now the game. Everything is possible in EC….Santa Claus could learn a lot in here…miracles whilst you are waiting and no queues…..))) SO the floor became one big board game with many spaces. Each space had one irregular verb written in. All we had to do was to follow the instructions as described below.



1. Roll the dice to advance on the board.

2. When you land on a space, you will be given 30 seconds to type two example sentences that include irregular forms of your verb: one example with the past tense and one example with the past participle.

3. After 30 seconds, you will be asked to share your examples by both copying them to the text chat and reading them aloud.

4. The person to cross the finish line first will be declared the winner!
Amber was the first one to play. She got a verb  drink.
Here are her examples:
I drink chocolate milk every day
 [08:40] Amber: I drank yesterday delicious chocolate milk
I have drunk chocolate milk since my childhood.
Just to make sure everyone is on the right track Izzy explained very simply what is the difference between present perfect and past perfect.                                                                                                                             
 [08:42] Izabel Kophee: present perfect: from the past until now
past perfect - before, after – something else happened in the past
An example of past perfect
[08:43] Leslie: I had drunk chocolate milk before I took the class.
Abeer was next one who took turn. sell
[08:50] Abeer044: i had sold cat before bought my dog
[08:55] Amber: I had a beautiful car but I had to sell it
[08:55] Amber: I have had to run very faster in this game
Leslie’s word was hurt
[08:59] Leslie: I hurt my leg yesterday.
She has hurt her friends every time she tries to help them.

And Hamit’s word - sell
[09:02] Hamit: I sold my pc yesterday
 I had sold my pc before I bought a new one
Everyone was so good in this!! Michael added another one. sit
[09:07] Michael: I sat on the passenger seat.
[09:07] Michael: I had sat in the old school bus…..
Tereza’s try…hear
[09:10] Tereza Ashland: I heard weird sounds yesterday.
I have heard my mother’s voice since I was I child.
There wasn’t much time left so the reaming people chose one irregular and made sentences as well. This was mine. smell
I’ve woken up and smelt the coffee
I’ve just smelt the coffee
The dog was old and smelt (smelled) badly.
Puzzled by the different spelling? Well don’t be. It’s just another example that American and British English are slightly different. The form SMELT is British and SMELLED is American….crazy isn’t it…)))))))
Here is some reference….





Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat