21. 4. 2013

Knock, knock


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab
Grammar lesson: What’s a pun?
Students: IslamH Coy, Fatima, Ayse3 Lyric, Busra0 Coy, Burak Hurricane, Sirin Kroll, Megi00, Rene Lyric(Europe, Asia, South America)
Teacher: Izabel Kophee (USA)


Do you know any English jokes? I don’t really…..I cannot remember any; I am too blond to hold a thought….))))
Jokes can be aimed at different groups of people, such as policemen, blonds or there can be silly knock, knock jokes….
Some jokes can use misdirection. For example;
‘Doctor, my son has swallowed a pen.’ screams a lady on the phone.
‘Don’t worry. Just use a pencil until I get there.’ answers the doctor

But what’s a PUN?
A pun is a special type of joke that is funny because one or more words (or sounds) in the joke can have multiple meanings. In order to understand a pun, you have to understand the multiple meanings. If you know these meanings, puns can be wildly funny.
Puns don’t have to be just written. They can be with pictures. Here is a great example from Burak
Here are some examples of puns.
Try to explain why the following puns are funny.

1. I tried to catch some fog. I mist.
2. When chemists die, they barium.
3. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!
4. Energizer Bunny arrested: Charged with battery.
5. I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
6. Broken pencils are pointless.

It was a great class!! We had so much fun…


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat