21. 5. 2013

Chat up lines


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab
Grammar lesson: Conversation
Students: Islam, Remi Kroll, Solmaz Ashland, Mustafa Lastchance, Fernandes Hurricane, Gulen Lyric, Bulent (Europe, Asia, Central America)
Teacher: Kori Blaisdale (UK)

This lesson was all about conversation. The topic was phrases people use when they want to approach someone they like and start a conversation. We were divided into groups. We worked independently and therefore practised phrases such as:
‘I think number one goes with….D. What do you think?’
‘Do you know?...’
Basically normal conversation but in English. This is very important if we want to speak in English in everyday life.
Kori prepared a notecard with chat up lines (these phrases can be used if you want to start a conversation with someone you like) but be careful these are really cheesy (cheap, inauthentic). I wouldn’t use them in real life…
As oppose to chat up lines there are put downs – answers people can use if they do not like the other person. Some of them are quite mean but still a good fun….as I said before not for use in a real life.
Our task was to match chat up lines and their put down answers in groups. The first one is an example. The lesson was entertaining and we got a lot of speaking practice.
1. Do you come here often? F    Not if you do
2. Am I the light of your life? K No you're far too dim
3. Are your legs tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day. M    Yeah, I was looking for a brain cell!
4. Can you tell me the time, because I want to make a note of the moment we first met?
5. Do you think you could fall for me?
6. God must have cried when you left heaven.
7. I could make you the happiest woman/man on earth.
8. I had no idea I would ever meet someone like you in here.
9. If love is a drug, I'm addicted to you.
10. Save me - I'm drowning in a sea of love (drown – die by water)

11. Try imagining you're in love with me
12. You take my breath away.
13. You know what I like most about you? All of you.


A    I'll give it to you twice, because it's also the moment we split up.
B    Why, are you about to go into space?
C    I had no idea they would ever let someone like you in here.
D    I recommend cold turkey. (Cold turkey is when you stop taking something you are addicted to)

E    Tough luck, I can't swim.

G    My imagination doesn't stretch that far.
H    Yes, and he held a huge party when you left.
I    I try, but you keep on breathing again.
J    That's great, because I'm an all or nothing sort of person, and with you it's nothing.

L    Only if you pushed me.
M    Yeah, I was looking for a brain cell!





Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat