6. 5. 2013

Unsatisfied customer - complaints


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab
Business lesson: Complaints
Students: Chi099, Dork Krol, Infauzan, Sumera, Tran (Europe, Asia)
Teacher: Kori Blaisdale (UK)

As every Saturday morning Kori’s lesson was about complaints.  This time we focused on complaints about washing powder. It was actually very entertaining. We watched these adverts below and matched the phrases to the correct advert. 
Watch these adverts and listen for the phrases. Match the phrases to the correct advert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUYyv7OZ_cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPsMfW1LO0E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIm71aiGyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEo-7B22xHw 
1 A hot date tonight
2 They’re rather bright
3 It never fails
4 With the extra cleaning power of pre-treating agents
5 Chuck it in the wash
6 Get the muck out of that then
7 I’m thrilled
8 How can you have the front to wear white?
9 I had a go at being invisible
10 Get out the dirty even at thirty.
11 Shazam
12 Removes stains, even tough ones like chocolate
13 For whatever they have a go at...
14 I had hoped they’d fade
15 He’s taken up golf
16 I’ll never get the white right on a cool wash
17 I had a go at the longest mud slide
18 You look like a clown

In the last advert children use a phrase to have a go - that means to try
What implications this adverts have?
The first says that even when washing in low temperatures the washing comes out very white for example. The second says that when you use Ariel the washing powder helps you to win the girl over and the date will go great….
We role played a situation where one of us complained and one of us received the complaint. The task was not to give a refund!
So what could we complain about? Here are some examples
The colour in my clothes ran, all my clothes came out brown!
I used your washing powder and all my whites came out grey
You washing powder ruined my clothes!
I demand you give me a refund
And pay for my ruined clothes!

Here are some examples what the company you complain to may blame
Blame the temp/washing machine/PH balance in the water / the mud is wrong!!
Blame the material / the frequency of washing

Blame the temp/washing machine/PH balance in the water / the mud is wrong!!
Blame the material / the frequency
I'm sorry there's nothing I can do!
You should have followed the instructions!

I hope I will never have to use this!! ))))

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat