26. 3. 2013

Banks, banks, banks...


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab

Business complaints

Teacher: Kori Blaisdale
Students: Tracy, Ewa Highwater,  Rene Lyric,  Chi099,  Addar,  Alex (Asia, Europe)

What services do you use at the bank? What kind of services can banks offer us? We could deposit money, set up a current or a saving account, get a loan, get a credit card....
Unfortunately we could also experience various problems that come hand in hand with the services provided.
Have you ever had any problems with the bank? – I think, that almost everyone has had a problem with a bank sometime along the line.
Just think, credit cards, mortgages, bills, cheque, internet banking.....and there it goes hidden charges, small print, not updating information on the ATM quickly enough – so an account gets overdrawn , big interest on loans, incorrectly entered dates on a standing order etc.
We can say that the bankers know the tricks of the trade – the best way to work the banking business...))))
Sometimes the only thing left is to complain;  And that’s what we were doing. Here are 2 examples of a complaining letter and phrases that could be used.
Dear Sir/Madam, 

I am writing to complain about the service at your bank. 

I went to the bank to make a simple withdraw and your ATMs were out of order. When I tried to then withdraw the money from the bank teller, I was rudely told that the service was unavailable and that I should go elsewhere. When I asked where I could make this transaction I was told that it was my problem and that the cashier wouldn't be helping me! 

Your bank teller was very rude and your inefficiency to provide this simple service was very frustrating. I have been a loyal customer for the past five years but after this experience I am considering taking my business elsewhere. 

I would like you to apologize for this inconvenience in writing. 

I await your reply. 

Yours faithfully, 

Kori Blaisdale





Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you regarding an incorrect date on a standing order dated 20.02.2012

I went to your bank to set up the standing order. The personal banker was very helpful however the date on the standing order was entered incorrectly. I have already enquired about this but unfortunately haven’t got any response and the date on the standing order hasn’t been corrected.
 This delay in payments has caused me a lot of trouble. I have been charged for being overdrawn.
 I think that this is completely unacceptable. I cannot understand that even after my notification the date hasn't been correctedhave been charged for your mistake.
   
 I expect this to be solved immediately, the incorrect charges cancelled and the money returned to my account.
 I await your reply and if I don't hear from you within a week I shall be contacting the ombudsman.

 Yours faithfully

Magdalena Strihavkova


I hope that no one would ever need to write such a complaint…)))

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat