21. 3. 2013

I demand back my money!!


Tutor: Kori Blaisdale
Students: Chi99, Tracy,Megi, Addar,John Kimoo, Renee Lyric

We all met at the airport. And because The Saint Patricks Day is nearing we all got a pint of green beer from Kori as you can see from the picture below. So slowly drinking we talked about what kind of complaints people can make at the airport and shared our experience. So what can happen....people can lose luggage, a child, be late for a flight etc.
We talked about prepositons with time.For example give, have, kill, make up for, run of of time etc. Here are some examples of sentences.

If you spend too much time at the duty free, you can run out of time and miss your plane!
When I'm at the airport I kill time by having a coffee at the airport cafe
We have some time left so let’s browse the shops.
I have to make up for lost time now because the flight was delayed; now I have to work overtime.

Next we used these expressions with time to make various complaints:

I demand back my money which I spent in the duty-free shops, because when our fly is delayed we could kill time only at the duty-free shops. 

They lost our luggagge and it takes ages for the airlines to return them. So when we have them back we could say...Well, its about time

One man complains to other "If my wife spends too much time in the duty-free shop we won't be in time to board the plane". 

We managed to check -in just in time, but the flight was full so our time was wasted waiting for the next flight.

Kori gave us a few expressions to use if the complaint is not being solved the way we would like.

I want this sorted out today! 
Apologising isn't good enough, I want a full refund

And the last one is kind of heavy duty’…)))), (quite harsh)

I don't want to have to use heavy handed tactics here, but I need you to deal with this
I'm not threatening you, I need this resolved today










Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat