6. 5. 2013

When I was a child


Lekce angličtiny ve virtuálním prostředí Languagelab

Speaking lesson: When I was a child
Students: Ewa Highwater, Marek Learner, Zein, Vendy Lyric, Met Macbain, Gianni Deluxe, (Europe, Asia)
Teacher: Paulus Twine (USA)

This was second time I went for a lesson with Paulus Twine. We talked about many things, for example stories from our childhood. I used to have a hamster that absolutely loved biscuits. One day he escaped from his cage and hid himself under the bed. We couldn’t get him out at all. Finally we tried to make a little path paved with his precious biscuits ending in his cage. It took him almost an hour to make his way through all the biscuits but at last he got back to his cage. He was very cute munching on (eating something with a great pleasure) the biscuits.   
We talked about many other things.
One person talked about working the whole night and sleeping during the day. These people can be called night owls.
The opposite of a night owl is an early bird or lark – these people like to wake up early in the morning and usually go to bed quite early in the evening as well. I am certainly a night owl. Waking up early in the morning is very cruel for me…)))
Do you have a wardrobe or a closet at home? What’s the difference? I have a wardrobe which is a piece of furniture but I would love to have a closet. It’s a little room where you put all your clothes and shoes. Maybe one day…..))))
The other things you could find in your closet or a wardrobe could be skeletons….I don’t suppose that you would kill anyone and just hid it in a wardrobe….It’s an idiom – to have a skeleton in a wardrobe -  it means that the person has some secret and doesn’t want anyone to know the secret.
Nice class and many opportunities to talk I enjoyed it.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat